Tuesday 13 March 2007

Why posts have been few and far between recently ....

No I havn`t run away to Guatemala to sit in a tree and dong on gongs - we had a bad storm on 27 February that took out 60 of the uni`s buildings including the development lab, scads of machines and put 2.5cm of water in the UPS room, causing it to short out ( and take down the machine room including the supercomputer)

So I`ve been busy buying hairdryers and offering advice as to how to dry out wet machines. ( If you ever have this problem check out this site :: Moist hard disks can be dried by being sealed in a plastic bag with a peper bag of activated silica gel).

So I`ve been busy. If you want so see some of what we had to contend with take at these pictures. None of them are mine, and none of them show the cars stuck in drainage ditches on the morning of the storm. If I`d the time I`d have done some photojournalism but I was just a bit pre-occupied ...

No comments: