Monday 14 July 2008

No more StarStuff ...

one of my favourite radio shows, ABC NewsRadio's StarStuff is no more - cancelled by the program schedulers.

While I have no knowledge of the precise reasons to cancel the program other than it was felt more effective to use the funding elsewhere I think it's a great shame. Starstuff was unique as a weekly science and astronomy program with a decent science news update.

With the ending of the New Scientist weekly podcast last year we seem basically to be left with Diffusion and the Guardian science podcast as providers of digestible 30 minute chunks of science news - ideal for listening to on the bus or over lunch.

maybe it's me but I do feel it's a shame no well endowed public broadcaster funds a comparable show


1 comment:

dgm said...

StarStuff appears to have come back from the dead as a podcast ...