Thursday 12 August 2010

Is bing becoming useful?

It's always been a source of fascination to me that if I search for my name or twitter handle on Bing's Australian site and Google's Australian site I get different results. not very different, just different. And sometimes Bing turns up things that Google doesn't.

Not surprising given they use different algorithms.

So, on the back of yesterday's post on my search for replacement bialetti gaskets I tried the search in Bing. And guess what - it produced an Australian vendor of replacement bits, even though they were slightly more expensive than ordering from the UK.

So is bing finally becoming useful and a viable alternative to google?

Honestly I don't know, but I'll try running some of the more curly searches in both to try and get a feel for this ...

No comments: